Thursday, December 18, 2008

Union Minister AR Antulay - I owe explanation to none

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/antulay-offers-to-resign-but-not-retract/400303/


Earlier, there was talk of a “formulation” under which Antulay could propose “regret” of some sort but he declined to do so maintaining he wasn’t questioning the fact that the attacks were carried out by Pak terrorists but only asking how and why three senior officers went off together in the same car only to be killed. “I have been doing politics for 60 years,” Antulay told The Indian Express. Asked if the PM or Sonia Gandhi spoke to him, he said: “Nobody has spoken to me. If they feel any need, they can call me...I owe explanation to none. I have not said anything which has embarrassed the Government and the Congress party. In fact, I have helped the government...If I come to know I have embarrassed the government, then you know my nature is not to stick to positions.”

Of course we do Antulayji, not having a stand on anything worth taking a stand on has been the policy of the congress party for the last 60 years.

No comments: